Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dollar General contest


Let me tell you a little about me.
I’m the eldest of 8, mother of 3.

My hobbies include photos and such-
I like to put them in books oh so much!

I stay home just about all day long.
I sure love being a wife and a mom.

Doing enough of the chores that I should
As a house wife, I’m not great- I’m just good.

But I truly wish to be a store owner
and open up a craft store on the corner.

Unfortunately, I don’t have all the smarts
So here’s where I will melt all your hearts…

With an Educational grant I can be great.
Even though I’m in my 30’s- It’s not too late.

I’d finally get my bachelors degree,
and I’d say to my family, “LOOK AT ME!”

I’d encourage my kids to love school-
and they would think their Mom's so cool.

And because I was such a good learner-
I’d open up a cool store just like Turner!

I’d name it “The ScrapBUCKing Store”
and sell lots for a Dollar, not more!

I’d invite all those who love to craft
and I could follow my big dream at last.

“Can a Poem be an Essay?” you debate-
But that’s what I would do- I can be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment