Saturday, October 29, 2011

From 289 FB friends- to 90...


What kind of FRIENDS are we?

Are we 'once-upon-a-time' friends? (If YES- see "A" below)
Are we 'I-knew-her-once' acquaintances? (If YES- see "B" below)
Are we family or distant family or long-time-ago family? (If YES- see "C" below)
Are we current friends, recent friends or gonna-be friends (If YES- see "D" below)

If you're wondering why we're not facebook friends anymore- please read more so that you can understand my decision a little better...

A: HI! Long time no see! I really enjoyed the relationship that we had, however long ago that was- but unless we're going to rekindle our friendship, let's just let by gones be by gones. No need to pretend that we're friends JUST for the sake of facebook. I invite you to friend me again if you really want to be FRIENDS but if you never visited my page and I never heard from ya, I'll delete ya! Sorry... I just wanna keep my life private to my true friends - fb or not. :o) Thanks for understanding!

B: I know, I know- I'm a victim of this silly game. "OMG, I knew her a long time ago! I'm gonna friend them to say WAAAAASSSSSUP!!" I did this for sooo many years but truth be told, I could've just sent a message. I don't need to know every detail of your life- espeically when you and I didn't know eachother very well. So unless we're going to build on a friendship, I just wanna keep my life private to my true friends - fb or not. :o) Thanks for understanding!

C:Family? Heck ya! I've ALWAYS kept my family as 'fb friends' why? 'Cause FAMILY will ALWAYS be FAMILY- why delete them? Well, I'll tell you why- 'cause I want MORE than JUST a facebook relationship with you. I want to hear from YOU every now and then. I wanna get a Christmas card or a phone call or be able to ask you "How is so-&-so doing" without the typical "Oh, I posted it on facebook, didn't you see it?" response...

I absolutely HATED going to a family Christmas party last year and 90% of my family didn't ask ONE THING about me or my kids. They already knew it from Facebook. Those get-togethers, (however rare they are) make up the WHOLE PURPOSE for my visit. If you and I agree on a back & forth facebook relationship- great! But if I never hear from you and you're just stalking my pages all the time, I feel a little disconnected from you. I want MORE of a relationship with my family than that.

So- if you want to have relationship with me that's primarly though Facebook - great, please FRIEND me back! But I was hoping we could build from something a little more personal. Whatcha think?

D: Current friends? Recent friends? Future friends? Well- here's the deal, if I deleted you and YOU NOTICED ENOUGH to CARE- then PLEASE friend me back. Although, I have a feeling that more than half of the peeps I deleted will never even know I'm gone. *Until they're prompted to friend me again that is. So- if you wanna be JUST facebook friends, please friend me again, otherwise- I'll reach out to you when I wanna be in contact with you. Again... I want MORE out of my friendships than what facebook pages are offering. Therefore- I've deleted to spark an interest- almost like a JUMP start to our friendship. Does that make ANY sense at all?

Am I hiding anything?-Nope. I'm just done sharing EVERYTHING with EVERYBODY. I have always hated sharing my life with unknown readers. For example, I typed up a VERY PERSONAL poem the other day about how my kids and I don't have any food in our house. We had to go to the food bank and out of all of my so-called "friends" not a single person responded with kindness/caring or concern. I'm guilty of being 'blind' to my facebook friends too- that's why I decided to go about this differently-

I started off with 289 friends this evening and now I'm down to about 90. That's 90 people that MIGHT or MIGHT not read what I write, read my true thoughts- comment on my posts. But then those 90 people are the 'facebook friends' that I have already established having a relationship primarily on facebook .They contact me, I contact them- I read their posts- they read mine. It's a back & forth relationship.

I don't wanna sound like some almighty anti facebook loser- but I just want to make it clear... I WANT MORE from my relationships- this is MY small way of making it noticeable.

If you read this- please send me a message- or if you didn't DON'T- and then BE FRIEND ME again. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment