Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Letter to Dexter's Parents


hey there-

ok, so I know that this email/message might appear to be a rambling mess but just bare with me. (It DOES have a point... at least 2 of them somewhere) I promise!

Many many weeks ago, we were surprised when we fell in love. I'm not talking about the kind of love two people have when they kiss and want to spend the rest of their lives with eachother- I'm talking about puppy love. haha- yes. We were honored to watch Dexter for you guys as you went out of town and we were surprised how quickly we fell for the cool dog you call DEXTER.

I'm not sure if you've heard through Robbie (who would've been told by Jim) but I've been telling him all about Matthew and his crazy stuffed puppy that he's been calling Dexter. (Picture of this puppy HERE:

Matthew has found himself some old block bucket and he puts the top on it and puts the stuffed puppy inside and then says something like "Good Dog Dexter- thank you for going in your cage" it's really quite cute.





Here's a picture of the block bucket/cage thing 'cause I can't quite explain it very well.

2ndly- Brooklyn will get on all-fours and stick her tongue out and start panting. She crawls around the house until she finds her brother and he'll put a leash on her and walk her around. When they finally break from their 'walk' they find me to tell me that his puppy wants some food and I should be feeding "Dexter" his food.

Brooklyn (still on all fours) takes the Cheetos from her bowl and eats them like a dog would. HAHA - So Cute!

Anyhoo- I've enjoyed Matthew's & Brooklyn's imagination so much- it's obvious they love your pooch Dexter. I too wouldn't mind seeing him again.

If I can ever located a nearby dog park, I think it would be awesome to meet up so we can visit with the crazy mutt.

Side note- but the primary reason for my message is... Thank you SOOOOOOO Much for the Papa John's gift card. I hadn't even known about it until last week when Jim was pondering what to make for dinner... it was a football night and I could tell he didn't wanna do nothin else. So I mentioned "Do we have an extra $20 to order pizza?"

Ding! (like a lightbulb) He searched and searched his desk and handed me your card.

We thought- cool. $25 or so, that's great! Just what we need. We ordered and was surprised we didn't have to pay anything 'extra'. The card covered right at $26 something.

Curious- we called the 1-800 # and they said that the card originally had $45 on it. HOLY SMOKES! Who gives gift cards in that amount these days!?!?! We were and still are sooo VERY grateful.

We just spend the last of it this past Monday. I have been meaning to sit down and type to you JUST to let you know that WE are very appreciative of the gift card. It came in handy. However- please know that we would have been happy to watch Dexter just the same. No gift card required.

But still-again Thank you!

Ok, last and final paragraph- I promise...

In the few days/couple weeks after watching Dexter I had some bug up my butt and wrote a poem for Dexter. lol

Re reading that sentence makes me sound a little nuts- huh?

But I promise, it's cute. Jim comments that I'm always makin up poems about depressing/serious subjects so this Dexter poem has GOT to be the "cutest one yet". (His words, not mine)

So, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sending me a link to your most recent Dexter Album on Shutterfly.

I thought about getting some pictures off your Facebook album- but I don't think the quality will be the same as photos uploaded to a Shutterfly album.

"Why in the world would you want those?" you ask...

Well- of course Sonja- I wanna make a cute Dexter book for you guys that will have my AWESOME Dexter Poem in it- But you can't read the poem until I make the book. That's why I can't have previously used Dexter pictures. Just about 10-20 RECENT ones will do.

I regret not taking pictures of him while he was here. The only one I have is this one:



And that's not a picture of HIM at all! lol.

anyhoo- I'm done. Now, if you've read this message (which I'm sure will take you QUITE a bit of will power to muster through my randomness) I'll expect to see a link to the Dexter Album very soon. -okay. Maybe not 'soon' but hopefully sometime before Christmas??? haha! I know, I'm so demanding!!! lol

My email address is: Cjwells@cox.net

Thanks again Sonja- you Rock.

-Crystal (and family)

2/17/2012 - UPDATE: I finally got the book done and FINALLY showed it to Sonja and Robbie. They loved it (as expected) lol- and now I'm ready to share it with you all! :)

Click on this link: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0SasmTlsxYsTu





No comments:

Post a Comment