Sunday, June 26, 2011

Brooklyn's 1st Pet

8:03am
oh no -
brooks up. and she's crying... one sec
lol okay lol



ok, i'm back- hey, what time is it there?
12:30
cool.- it's only 8:30 here.
sorry it took so long, brooklyn found herself a little pet last night. such a cutie-
really?what is it
a bug!
haha cute
she was walking on the floor and saw a little black water bug crawling on the ground. she stopped to kneel and check it out. once she realized how small and harmless it was- she started to talk to it. the last thing she said to it before matthew stomped on it was "oh, he really likes me!"
matthew stomped and stomped and stomped- brooklyn started freakin out. "no! no! no! my fwend! my wittle bug fwend! matt! no!"
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
thats so sweeeettttt
That's when I stopped matthew from destruction and to our surprise, the little bug was still alive and crawling! (thank goodness for carpet.)
so- to help her love him in 'safe conditions' we got a Tupperware bucket and scooped him up.
We gave him some rocks, some water- he seemed so scared but brooklyn was happy.
When it was time for bed, brooklyn let daddy keep the 'bugs home' on the dining room table. Brooklyn went to sleep with a smile on her face.

1st thing she did when she woke up was go downstairs to the table to get her bug.

I hear a wimper- and a cry, I go downstairs and see that she's lost her bug. She's looking all over for it as she calls his name "wittle bug! wittle bug! I'm right here! come back! peeeease?"
I get on the floor with her, I'm lookin too- knowing how much of a 'needle-in-a-haystack' this was gonna be.

to my surprise, we FOUND him! (or his brother maybe- in either case, she thinks it's him!)

So now, she's as happy as a clam, talking to him, sharing her little ponies with him. We gave him a little swimming pool made out of a Gatorade lid.
she's so cute and so loving. I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to be a veterinarian when she grows up. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment