Saturday, January 13, 2018

"FLORAL"




Sharing struggles about her life 
We went to Michaels after we ate

Browsing crafts she said she's at peace
She's finally healed her hate

She said she wants a relationship
With her father like before

But she didn't know what to tell him
Should she call or wait some more

I will always remember the moment
When we heard her cell phone ring

She answered the phone quite harshly
You could almost feel the sting

And then there was a pause
The next words she said so clear

It's like a little girl came out
"Hi Daddy" was all I could hear

I guess it's been a while
Since the two have shared a talk

She emptied her hands quite quickly
and went outside for a little walk

I browsed around the store alone
Smiling from ear-to-ear

If my daddy called me out of the blue
I'd surely shed a tear

After several minutes of debating
I decided to go outside

I purchased my items quickly
She spoke with confidence and pride

I felt awkward as I listened 
But wanted her to know I was there

Losing touch with family is hard
It feels awesome to know that they care

Gave her space as she needed a moment
I stared into this window of floral

We are always Daddy's Little Girl 
Don't give up now, that's the moral.

#fms_floral

No comments:

Post a Comment