Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The most honest answer I can give...

I posted this picture last night with a poem I wrote. Things are "fine" right now... but they've been rough for a long time. Not sure when I'm going to be CrazyCrystal again, so I wrote this poem. 
The Scenic Route is just a metaphor for taking the long route through my emotions to find the happiness in life instead of doing the easy route with all the shortcuts. I truly believe that the best journey is in the lessons that we learn, not the destination itself.
My neighbor/best friend Kira has been going through her own bouts of depression and family issues that are beyond her control, I feel like we haven't really talked in a long time. So when I posted this photo and poem, I got a random text message from her that told me she was concerned about me. I decided to be honest with her. I need to be honest with someone. Living in denial every day is killing me! But denial is also what is saving me. Facing the facts is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. So I like go back to denial often... Read the text messages to hear the most honest answer I can give someone that is asking me if I'm doing ok. If you can't read the poem, I re-typed it at the bottom of these text messages. 






Scenic 

Instead of acceptance 
You give me the Boot



Instead of self-loathing
My own horn I will Toot

Instead of a connection
You don't give a Hoot

Instead of giving me love
You steal all my Loot

Instead of my freedom
It's "Freeze or I'll Shoot"

Yet for some reason...

Instead of the freeway
I take the Scenic route




No comments:

Post a Comment