Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My 30 Day Poetry Challenge - Day 2: "My Partner"

I NEED (written 8/3/2007)


I need someone to talk to

That wants to talk to me

I need someone that will keep me grounded

But at the same time let me free

I need someone to hold me tight

Not just when I am asking

I need someone that is into me

A love that’s everlasting

I need someone that will put me first

And not second or 3rd to a game

I need someone that will not point fingers

and once in awhile take the blame

I need someone that is happy

And not grumpy or mad everyday

I need someone that appreciates me

And is glad that I’m this way

I want that someone to be you Jim

I want you to complete me once again

I want you to realize that I’m not here forever

And I would like to be your friend

You’re a great provider, husband & father

We have the marriage part down great

But Please Jim, before this gets harder

I need your friendship before it’s too late

No comments:

Post a Comment