Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My 30 Day Poetry Challenge - Day 22: "My Sister #1"

“COLISSA” (written Nov 23, 2011)

I ask- Where did my sister go?
So very far away-
‘Cause even though she’s closer
She’s changed from night to day

She sees the world so differently
-more bitter than before
Talking “FACTS” and only “FACTS”
The human soul- no more

I hear her speak of “burdens”
“big messes” and “fuck ups”
She’s talking about our mother
Now who’s the one fucked up?

Ok –sure- yes its sad
Mom brought this on herself
But where is your compassion?
Mom needs love and better health

There’s no use to throw your anger
Give out love and a pinch of care
NO ONE WANTS to deal with sadness
But don’t reject what’s really there

Yes, at first- I rolled my eyes
I Pretended not to think
“How could our mom go to Keith’s house
and take another drink?”

Rage, pissed off and some anger
I felt all of these too
But then- I thought, “She’s HUMAN”
That’s when I grabbed some tissue

She has a drinking problem
and almost killed herself
But I think she wants a better life
I KNOW she chooses health

When I spoke to our mother
The Truth is what I spoke
I told her I wasn’t ok
but I did not sugar coat

But that does not give me the right
to turn off all my heart
I still show her compassion
while I still fall apart

It’s not as black and white
As “FACTS” or “ENERGY”
There is a small, fine balance
This balance we ALL seek

The time for being honest
Is when our mom can hear it
So now Colissa – let it out
JUST CRY, you’re so damn near it

No comments:

Post a Comment