Sunday, November 6, 2011

My 30 Day Poetry Challenge - Day 6: "My Step-Father"


“Keith” (November 2011)

Keith- you are my step dad
But not much more than that
You taught me how to be tough
Drive your car and be a brat

I witnessed all your anger
when I saw you 1st fight mean
That’s why I spat into your face
As you brought out my scream

My mother- you can’t love-
If you did, you’d let her be
Instead of calling daily
Just let her please be free

You lost her on your own (you know)
She would much rather stay
But it was time to show you
She WILL not still live that way

A family you once had
With a happy, loving wife
If only you’d learn self control
You’d still have that good-ole life

I might be 11 years younger
But you’re no better than I
I’m sure your ‘GOD LIKE WISDOM’
Has made all your girls cry

Your daughters need their father
All the good thoughts in his head
It’s best to grow up now Keith
Or else they will love you dead

You’re nothing but a drunk
a jerk, self proclaimed ass
You've never known what love is
For that, you’ll finish last

Keith- you are my step dad
But that’s as just all you are
Don’t talk until you’re sober
Only then- you will go far.

No comments:

Post a Comment