Monday, November 28, 2011

My 30 Day Poetry Challenge - Day 28: "My Ex"

"Jeremy" (written 9-13-2004)

Caught up in a world
That's not too far away
Even though I'm next to you
Those quest games you still play

Why won't you find your balance
Why can't I find my home?
A place inside your heart
Is somewhere I shouldn't roam

You've become the one I can't talk to
You've become the one I despise
I've become the person you've always wanted
Even though I'm full of lies

As days go by I'm blinded
Of the good times we could be sharing
As hours go by you're gone
Those times you could be caring

Am I the victim
of a careless man?
Someone who claims to listen
and pretends to understand?

Would I be right in saying
That we'd be better off apart?
I'm not sure that you'd notice-
Would it really break your heart?

I know I might be controlling
To the point no one can tolerate
But at least I have a passion
to change the things I hate!

Please don't hate me for these feelings
For this anger I have towards you
But sometimes I honestly feel
like you don't really have a clue

Am I trying to change you
Changing to you is absurd
A minor small adjustment
An improvement is more the word

Just now you were in here
For a second I hoped you had seen
You were just as rude as before
Quiet, Soft but mean

When I say mean
what I mean is "cold"
You toughen your heart
You act oh-so bold

If only you'd listen to my thoughts
Like you listen to words you sing
But ignoring me hurts me more
It just worsens the deep sting

Would I have seen us falling this fast
if it were happening like this before?
I really thought our love would last
If you would've just opened the door.

I swear to you I'm not crazy
I swear to you I'm for real
I swear to you I'm not ridiculous
for having the feelings I feel

I feel that you're not grateful
for the wonderful spirit that is ME
I feel that one day you'll realize
That is was YOU who could not see

I'm confident, gorgeous,
silly and great
I'm a woman with curves
who's not overweight

I'm smart, ambitious and loyal
With eyes so attractive they're sad
'cause the only man I've ever wanted
Won't Love ME and for this I'm so called madd??

So now he says he's tired
He's ready to call it a day
He'll turn off the lights
Go to bed and hit the hay

Do I pretend that I'm alright
Go to bed and say I'm fine?
Even though I do still love him
I'm just not sure I can lie this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment